Winter Solstice Ritual
The winter solstice also known as midwinter, is an astronomical phenomenon marking the day with the shortest period of daylight and the longest night of the year. The winter solstice is the beginning of a new cycle. To honor this new cycle we connect to it with a winter solstice ritual. Rituals give our lives more meaning and anchor us to our heart, spirit as well as our own truth. Today is the shortest day of sunlight, in fact it's already dark here in Europe. To start this ritual
(1) light all the candles that you have and notice the darkness as well as the lights
(2) now blow out the candles and sit for 10 or more mins in the darkness
(3) light the candles again and have them on for the rest of the night (until you go to bed obviously). Do not use any other light force this evening.
(4) write down 3 things you intend to be doing 2018. Begin each statement with "I will..."
(5) then write down 3 things you would like to let go of 2018
(6) then finish the ritual with some sage or palo santo and a short meditation focusing on your intentions for 2018.
HAVE FUN! & tell me how it went by commenting below or leaving me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lots of LOVE